Lots of ideas on how to make a start in art, in the run up to retirement or just to relax as you have to work till 67.
This year I had an unexpectedly brilliant 2 weekends on Art Holiday in Sheffield with @arpzen . We followed the Open Up Sheffield festival brochure , and discovered that the biannual Art Sheffield event coincided. This is the pictorial story & highlights of my art discovery over 5 days and 17 miles of walking across Sheffield & the Peak District. The most interesting facts I discovered were
- Sheffield has the highest number of artists per Km sq in the UK, outside of London
- You can rent studio share space from as little as £57 a month incl heating
- Its easy to just start up as an artist or creative in small steps
- Sheffield artists open up their studios with tea & cake & arty insights
- I can still throw a pot after 25 years !!
Kristen Baggeley Cornwall
Lynn Littlewood Outseats Hathersage
Fenella Nobles chicken wire creatures
Sue Lancaster Stitchedup…
View original post 308 more words