Date: Saturday 18 July 2015
Time: 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Theme: Sheffield loves Carob Cakes
July’s Sheffield Clandestine Cake club event is a Carob Cakes extravaganza. Can you bake a delicious choccy creation.
Don’t confuse it with chocolate , it’s delicious in its own right. Topping filling or an entire cake , let’s see what you can create !
Suburban venue , with lots of refreshing tea and a local mystery Savvy guest for a taste test .
Carob is high in fibre and protein as well as various vitamins and minerals. It can be used as a cake flavouring, topping or filling. It’s not meant to be chocolate it has its own special flavour & characteristics.
Carob helps to regulate the digestion process, while serving as a natural anti-allergic, antiseptic, and anti-bacterial agent.
Ancient Babylonian women ate carob to enhance beauty, Ottoman and Roman soldiers used it for strength and stamina. In Turkey it is often called ‘Turkish Viagra’.
Venue: Suburban S11
Additional venue info: On road parking . Bus plus 10 min walk.
Book a place
To book a place, please contact Karen Perkins @fabcoach firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Details of the event you are booking for
- Are you bringing a guest, if so what is their name
- What cake are you bringing, you can decide later.
Points to remember
- Each cake must be large enough to slice into around 8 – 12 good slices.
- Sorry, but NO cupcakes, Muffins, Brownies, Cookies, Pies or Tarts.
- Home-bakers, professional bakers and men can join in. It’s not a competition, no judging, just a lot of fun. And you get to take cake home.
- A baker can bring a guest but you must indicate this at the time of booking
- Take a look at our Home Page to see what fun we have.
- Read what Clandestine Cake Club is all about and have a mosey on over at the disclaimer page before you book.
- Register as a CCC member and join this group. http://clandestinecakeclub.co.uk/category/sheffield/